Sunday, November 15, 2009

Steve Irwin Biography






Spouse
Terri Irwin
(4 June 1992 - 4 September 2006) (his death) 2 children
Trade Mark
Crikey!
Khaki shorts and shirt
Trivia
Daughter, Bindi Irwin, was born 24 July, 1998 at 9:46 PM, weighing 6 lb. 3 oz.
Was scared to death of parrots, especially the sulfar crested cockatoo. When he was four years old, he almost had his nose bitten off by his father's pet sulfar crest. The only bird he felt comfortable around is a black cockatoo named Ularoo.
Steve and Terri's daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, is actually named for Steve's favorite crocodile, Bindi and his dog, Sui, who has, incidentally, appeared in numerous "Crocodile Hunter" (1996) episodes with Steve and Terri.
Had a species of turtle named after him - Elseya Irwini.
His dog, Sui, is a Staffordshire Bullterrier cross
Second child, Robert Clarence "Bob" Irwin born on the 1st of December, 2003 at 8:00 a.m., weighing 7 pounds and 4 ounces.
Almost faced charges of child endangerment in early January 2004 for doing a crocodile demonstration while holding his one-month-old son Bob in one arm and feeding a 13-foot crocodile with the other. Steve and Terri claimed that their son was in no danger and that both their children were going to be "croc savvy".
Despite all his close calls with animals, he had only had muscle surgery on his knee as a result before a stingray attack claimed his life.
He told his camera crew to always be filming and that if he needed help, he would ask for it.
Second child, Robert Clarence Irwin, is named after Steve's father, Robert, and Terri's father, Clarence.
Stopped personally greeting zoo visitors when he witnessed a little girl getting knocked down and seriously injured by a fan rushing to meet him.
Owned a red and white motorbike which he rode around Australia Zoo. This was one of the main ways to determine whether he was at the Zoo or not.
Over 360 million people tuned in to watch the Steve Irwin Memorial Service on Animal Planet on September 19, 2006.
Two sisters, Mandy and Joy.
Has had a road named in his honor: Steve Irwin Way in Beerwah, Queensland on Australia's Sunshine Coast.
Happy Feet (2006) is dedicated to his memory.
The documentary, Ocean's Deadliest (2007) (TV), is in memory of Steve Irwin.
Personal Quotes
"If something ever happens to me, people are gonna say 'we knew a croc would get him!'"
"Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than the executives and the producers and all those sharks in the big MGM building."
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
Crocodiles. I've been catching them since I was nine. No problem.
"I am a wildlife warrior, and I will fight, fight to the death for wildlife."
On illegal poaching and animal testing: "These Hitlers use the camouflage of science to make money out of animals... so whenever they murder our animals and call it sustainable use, I'll fight it. Since when has killing a wild animal, eating it or wearing it, ever saved a species?"
"I'll meet my match when I'm dead."
My job, my mission, the reason I've been put on this planet, is to save wildlife.
"My life revolves around conservation. That is my work. That is my life, and I'll die doing that."
Where Are They Now
(2001) Release of his book, "The Crocodile Hunter: The Incredible Life and Adventures of Steve and Terri Irwin".
(2007) The release of the book, "Steve & Me" by his widow, Terri Irwin.